PICKING TEAM LEADING HAND
Great leadership opportunity with expanding organisation
- Immediate Start
- Located in Katunga
About the Organisation
Flavourwave is one of Australia's premier growers and marketers of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia. Flavourwave maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. Located in Katunga, the farm is ideally situated in the Goulburn Valley food bowl and currently covers 10 hectares of protected under cover cropping.
About the Opportunity
Flavourwave is undergoing a high level of growth and is looking for interested people who want to further their career and leadership experience in horticulture by joining our Picking Team as a Leading Hand.
The Picking Leading Hand is responsible for assisting the Senior Grower with the management and implementation of the picking strategies to achieve budgeted production levels.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensure picking tasks are completed within target times and picking when required
- Liaise with Senior Grower regarding picking strategy
- Organise the setup and start-up of all picking operations
- Manage rosters
- Manage labour requirements through seasonal variations
- Liaise with Senior Grower to ensure that appropriate staffing levels are available at all times
- Operate trolley transporters
- Follow picking schedules and complete all other duties as required to achieve target times
The successful applicant should possess the following competencies:
- Previous experience in picking teams in horticulture
- A forklift license is desirable
- Basic Computer Skills
- Well-developed communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and team management experience
- Possess a quality orientation and attention to detail
- An awareness of Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- High motivation and initiative
- Diversity Awareness
- Training and coaching experience
- Planning & organizational skills
- Able to follow procedures & instructions
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Quality orientation
This is full time ongoing position with some variation in hours through the peak growing season. It represents a core role that is integral to Flavourwave's continued success.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please complete the application details below. For further information regarding this position please click here to view the position description.
Application close: 4pm Tuesday 27 February 2018
THIS IS AN ONGOING ROLE, THEREFORE WORKING HOLIDAY VISA HOLDERS NEED NOT APPLY